Thursday, October 23, 2014

BEE Thankful with Heather P.

Hi, everyone! Heather P. here with a set of sweet coordinating pocket journaling cards I created using October's stamp set, BEE Thankful.


To create my first card, I started with a gray pocket card base, and covered the back with embossing paste using a diagonal stripe stencil.  Next, I stamped the uber adorable snowman image from BEE Thankful in green ink onto white card stock, then fussy cut it out.  I then cut a small strip of pink card stock, trimmed the end to give it a banner shape and adhered it to the card base with pop dots before attaching the snowman.  To finish up, I die cut three hearts from hot pink, light pink and dark gray card stock, then adhered them to the corner.


For my next card, I started with a piece of pink card stock that was trimmed into a journal card shape, then stamped it with the chevron pattern from When & Where in fuchsia ink.  I then adhered strips of light green card stock and light gray card stock to the card base.  Next, I stamped the snowman image ink dark gray ink, and fussy cut it out.  Before adhering the snowman to the card base with pop dots, I covered the light gray strip of card stock with stickles.


For my last pocket card in the set, I started with a piece of lime green card stock and dry embossed it with a chevron pattern.  Next, I cut a strip of gray card stock and adhered it to the card base.  I then stamped the snowman in pink ink and fussy cut it out before attaching it to the card base with pop dots. To finish up, I added a little sparkle using stickles on the snowman's hat.

Well, that wraps it up for me, but please be sure to visit the Avocado Arts blog again for more inspiration!

Have a great one!
Heather P.
__________________________

Such a GREAT idea Heather!   Make sure and leave Heather some love everyone.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Fun cards, and super cute snowman.

cghundley said...

How cute and
love that each
card is similar
but different!
Carla from Utah

Sue D said...

Very cute. Great colors, patterns and design.