Monday, January 12, 2015

A Latte Love with Heather H


Hello! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards - excited to be back crafting, and (mostly!) done unpacking - and able to share a few cards with you using the January stamp set - A Latte Love:



Now that we are back in Washington state, and in the land of Starbucks again, both my husband and I have been enjoying quick stops in there when we are in town, although I prefer tea and let him drink the coffee! So when I saw this cute image, I couldn't resist inking it up first!


I used some pattern paper from MME, including that vellum on the front section - it has shiny gold dots on it! Eeek - so cute! I heat embossed in white on the kraft, and cut a cute window to see my image through. I tore the bottom edges, and stitched the top together, before adding a bit of glitter washi and a wood veneer star.


Next up, I used those cute bees! 


Layered some solid cardstock together, stamped the bees and sentiment in the little windows on my pattern paper - then colored in the bees with Spica glitter pens. Hard to see in the photos - but it made them fun and sparkly! Added some Mister Huey's white mist and a twist of jute twine to finish it off.


Last up, I had to do some watercolors again!


I colored with my Peerless watercolors, then stamped my image and sentiment over the top, adding some details with a white gel pen. Die cut that with a pinked edge die, added some Baker's Twine, and mounted over some American Crafts pattern paper.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day! 


BEAUTIFUL JOB HEATHER!!!  Love the different techniques and perfect for Valentine's Day.  

5 comments:

lucretia said...

Adore Thanks a Latte. Lovely muted tones and a great style.

cghundley said...

Cute Valentine cards
great ideas.
Carla from Utah

Celeste Goff said...

What fantastic cards Heather! Love the use of kraft on the first few cards!

Carol McCready said...

Great cards. Love all those layers on the Latte card.

nancy carroll said...

Great cards, love the bees one especially! BTW, did the winner of the Seasons of Giving get announced, haven't found it.