Saturday, August 23, 2014

You Can Do It with Heather P.

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy Heather's projects that she has created for you today...soft colors, watercolor pencils and so much more!  BLOG CANDY WINNERS posted below and more to come so make sure and comment!


Hi, everyone! Heather P. here with three projects featuring the new August set, You Can Do It.


For my first card, I started with a white card base, and stamped a rainbow row of pencils in yellow, turquoise, gray and coral.  I then cut a strip of striped patterned paper, and adhered it to a gray scallop edge.  Next, I attached a yellow ribbon and bow, then adhered the layer to the card front.  The sentiment was then stamped in versamark ink onto a piece of light gray card stock before heat embossing with white powder.  To finish up, I attached the sentiment to the card front with pop dots, then embellished with aqua enamel dots.


For my second card, I started by first stamping the image onto watercolor paper with Stazon gray ink.  I then watercolored the image, and set it aside to dry.  Next, I die cut two pieces of red card stock with a scallop circle die to create a mini-card base.  I also die cut mint and white card stock layers, and adhered them together.  Once the image was dry, I fussy cut it out, and determined the general placement.  Using watercolor pencils, I created a small shadow on the white card stock circle layer.  The sentiment was then stamped in versamark, and heat embossed with white powder.  To finish up, I adhered the sentiment and image with pop dots, then embellished with clear gems.



For my last card, I stamped a Smartie pattern, alternating rows of yellow/turquoise and coral/gray.  I then stamped the sentiment onto a strip of patterned paper, then heat embossed it with white powder.  The sentiment was then layered onto two scallop strips and adhered to the card front.  To finish up, I embellished with yellow enamel dots.

Well, that wraps it up for me, but be sure to come back on the 25th for more Avocado Arts inspiration! :)

FABULOUS job Heather!  Here are some BLOG CANDY WINNERS drawn from comments left on blog posts this month:
Terri Burson said...
Heather, you are everywhere! Haha. Love your sweet cards!
August 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM
 Delete
Celeste Goff said...
What fun cards and projects!!!
August 10, 2014 at 5:36 AM
 Delete
 Ardyce Seabrook said...
Love your creations! Loving all the colors on the smartie card! Thanks for sharing!
August 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM
 Delete
More winners will be announced so make sure and comment on all of the blog posts throughout the month.  If you were a winner, simply email me at michelle@avocadoarts.com with your mailing address and your FREE stamps and goodies will be mailed out to you.  

4 comments:

Sue D said...

Very pretty colors on these cards.

cghundley said...

So cute and
Colorful. I
do love smarties!
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

Cute way to use the pencil and smarties stamps!!! Love all the cards!

Waving My Wand said...

So excited that I won! Whoop! I emailed Michelle. Thanks so much. Terri Burson, momtojeb at gmail dot com