Thursday, June 19, 2014

June's Guest Designer Laura O'Donnell





Hello!  Laura O'Donnell here.  I am so happy to be guesting for Avacado Arts.  The new release for June is too cute.  When I opened my envelope and saw an owl in a bikini it made my day!  But first a little about me.  I am a 47 year old SAHM (for now) to a 7 year old boy and a 15 year old girl.  We live in West Chester PA, which is a Philadelphia suburb.  I started scrapbooking 10 years ago.  Scrapbooking led to stamping which led to cardmaking.  Then I added in some digital and Project Life and now I do a little bit of everything.  If you'd like to check out some more of my projects my blog address is http://itsallrosie.blogspot.com/

I received the Life's a Beach stamp set and I really had fun making scenes with these cute beachy owls!


For this first card I colored the girl owl with my Copics and fussy cut her out. I don't know what I like most about her, the bikini or the flip flops on her bird feet or the sunglasses on top of her head, but she is so ready for vacation!  The sandy bottom stamp (that's what I'm calling it) is a great way to ground the images.  I stamped it on Speckletone cardstock, cut it out, and layered it on blue cardstock to be the sky, then tucked the beach umbrella in the background.  Simple!



Then for this one did a variation of the first card and used some solid grey Divine Twine to tie the snorkeling owl to the anchor.  I love this idea for a masculine card.

Thanks again to Ashley and the rest of the Pit Crew for letting me hang out here this month.  I loved working with the June stamp set.


Laura

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay for Laura...super cute cards!

Annette Allen said...

yay Laura.. congrats on Guest Designing.. your cards are adorable..

Jo said...

I'm dying! the anchor on the owl is to die for!