Monday, June 23, 2014

Life's a Beach with Heather P.



Hi, everyone! Heather P. here with three projects featuring the new June set, Life's a Beach.


For my first card, I started by heat embossing the sailboat and "sand" images from the Life's a Beach set, and the sun/sentiment from Sassy Chick, onto colored CS before fussy cutting.  Next, I adhered the darker water to the card base, then attached the lighter strip of water with pop dots.  I then adhered the sun to the card front before attaching the boat with pop dots.  To finish up, I embellished with gray pop dots.


For my second project, I created a mini shaped card using the super fun cupcake image from It's Your Day.  To create my card, I first heat embossed the cupcake and candle onto yellow CS and pink polka dot paper.  I then fussy cut them out, and paper pieced the yellow frosting onto the pink cupcake wrapper.  Next, I placed the cupcake on top of a piece of white CS, and trimmed it out to create the back of my mini card. 

I then stamped the sentiment onto a strip of gray patterned paper, trimmed the ends to give them a banner shape, then attached them to the card front with pop dots.  Next, I adhered the candle to the card base before covering the frosting with stickles.  To finish up, I added enamel dot sprinkles.


For my last project, I started by die cutting a small circle, then heat embossing the sentiment and anchor from Life's a Beach in pink.  Next, I adhered a strip of pink patterned paper onto the edge of a yellow striped paper, then wrapped it with twine.  Once that was done, I adhered the layer to the gray card base with pop dots.  To finish up, I adhered the anchor/sentiment to the card front with pop dots, and embellished with aqua enamel dots.

Well, that wraps it up for me, but be sure to come back on the 25th for more Avocado Arts inspiration! :)

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow Heather these are amazing.. very creative.. so love them all

Celeste Goff said...

What super fun cards! I just love the cupcake shaped card...too cute!

Jo said...

The soft colors look beauitful Heather!