Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Mother's Love and When & Where with Jo


Happy Wednesday everyone! Jo here to share my projects using the NEW April Release:



I decided to go real simple with my cards. First one up is using When & Where:


I knew from the start that I wanted to make some kind of border with the arrow. I did two rows and placed a strip of gold striped washi tape. Instead of using black ink, I used navy and colored random arrows with my Copics. I layered some heart acetate die cuts to soften up the look of the card.

Card two features both sets, A Mother's Love and When & Where:



Again I went with a navy ink color, as well as the cardstock used to mat the image. I just love the flowers in this set, along with the words imbedded in the stems. I created a shadow by using a different hue of blue and stamped the same image off to the side for the effect. I wanted to mimic some of the "petals" flowing in the wind, so I used the small heart in the Avocado Type stamp set. The chevron border is from the When & Where set. It doesn't quite fit across the A2 card but it stamps seamlessly when stamped side by side. For the final detail, I used silver flat back pearls in sizes small & large.

Last card, using A Mother's Love:


I love this sentiment! I pulled out all my white toned buttons and started gluing them down. Navy ink used again and I added some faux stitching around the card. Of course how could you not place a teeny tiny button on the "o" in buttons =)

Those are my cards, thank you so much for taking the time to take a look. I hope you enjoy these sets as much as I do.

See you soon!
Jo

5 comments:

cghundley said...

Wonderful cards.
Love how you
mixed and matched
both sets. Love
the button in
the "O" on the
Mother card!
Carla from Utah

~amy~ said...

Super pretty Jo!

Amante del Papel said...

wow this cards are absolutely amazing!

Celeste Goff said...

Love your beautiful cards! I especially love the stamped vellum piece on the first card and the buttons on the third card! Nicely done!

Annette Allen said...

wow totally awesome cards.. great designing and thanks for the inspiration..