Saturday, April 12, 2014

April Release with Heather H.



Good morning! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards - to share a few cards with you using the new April stamp sets! First up - I have a couple using this set - full of so many amazing options for the beautiful women in your life! With Mother's Day right around the corner - this is the perfect time to make use of these:


For this first card, I heat embossed the flower on vellum with some pink Zing embossing powder, then heat embossed the sentiment in black. Tucked some fun pattern paper by Crate paper behind it, then added that adorable bird paper clip with a bit of jute twine tied on it. Finished off with some pink cardstock that I embossed with my Cuttlebug for some texture, and a generous sprinkling of bling!


Next up, I decided to stamp one of the flowers on some pattern paper from Crate paper. I also added a jewel bling to the center of the flower, stamped my sentiment, mounted it on a mat of cork paper, then added two colors of jute twine tied around it. Mounted it with foam adhesive on my pattern paper.


And next up, I made a card with this new set - LOVE it so much! I can think of so many fun things to make with this:


For this, I stamped the triangle border several times with Versafine black ink on watercolor paper, then colored over it with watercolor paint. I used my paintbrush to flick some additional paint over the card, then stamped a sentiment from Wishes and Kind Thoughts (see below) and watercolored over it as well. I also added some Glossy Accents to a few selected triangles for some interest, before mounting it on some blue cardstock.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your style Heather!

Annette Allen said...

wow your cards are amazing..

Celeste Goff said...

What gorgeous cards! I love this new trend of using vellum overlays on cards and your first card is just too pretty!

Jo said...

love the soft colors.