Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Mother's Love and When & Where with Heather P.



Hi, everyone! Heather P. here with three projects featuring the new April sets, A Mother's Love, and When & Where.


For my first card, I started by die cutting two tags, one from patterned paper, and another from vellum.  I then stamped the love flower and mom sentiment from A Mother's Love in versamark ink, then heat embossed with white powder.  I adhered the two tags together with a tiny dot of Tombo glue, then added some pink twine.


For my next card, I started by die cutting a large heart from some pretty floral patterned paper.  Next, I stamped the grandma sentiment from A Mother's Love in versamark ink before heat setting with white embossing powder.  I then stamped the chevron strip from When & Where in versamark onto yellow CS, and heat embossed it as well with white powder.  To finish up, I adhered the yellow chevron strip to the card front, then cut banner ends on the sentiment strip before attaching it with pop dots and embellishing with white enamel dots.


For my final project today, I started with a pool card base, and stamped the arrow strip from When & Where in versamark ink before heat embossing with white powder.  Once my two rows were complete, I stamped the journaling card in light gray ink, and masked off the lower right corner before stamping one of the flowers from A Mother's Love.  I then stamped the sentiment in a darker gray ink.  Gray and white twine was then wrapped around the card front before adhering the journaling card to the card front with pop dots.  To finish up, I embellished with silver enamel dots.

Well, that wraps it up for me today, but be sure to come back on the 25th for more Avocado Arts inspiration! :)

Have a great one!
Heather P.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

super LOVE!

Jo said...

i love the white embossing! fab job Heather!

Unknown said...

TOTALLY dig the tag!